Nutritional needs for toddlers 1-2 years
When a child is between 12 and 24 months old, their diet and nutritional needs are very important as they're continually growing. Calcium, iron and Vitamin D are needed for normal growth and bone development.
Including the following ingredients in your meals will help support your toddlers’ nutritional needs:
- Oily fish – salmon, sardines or mackerel.
- Iron-rich meat – beef, pork, lamb, venison, chicken.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Broccoli, kale, and other leafy, green vegetables.
- Strawberries or blueberries.
- Fortified milk or cereal.
if you are concerned about your child’s iron intake, we recommend Aptamils Follow on milks and growing up milks. These milks are fortified with iron and are an easy way to get iron into your toddler’s diet.
- Aptamil Follow On Milk 200ml - £1.29
- Aptamil Hungry Milk Powder 800g - £13.85
- Aptamil Follow On Milk Powder 800g - £15.50
All information found on this post can be found at https://www.aptaclub.co.uk/