Ensure Plus Fibre is a 1.6 kcal/ml, ready-to-drink, milkshake style oral nutritional supplement with fibre, for people with, or at risk of developing disease-related malnutrition. Ensure Plus Fibre contains a mix of fibre and FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides). Fibre and FOS have an important role in the diet by helping to support gastrointestinal function. It’s presented in a 200 ml bottle with a straw for sipping and a peel-off seal for pouring. Available in 5 flavours, Banana, Chocolate, Raspberry, Strawberry and Vanilla.
• In patients receiving some medications, there may be a risk of drug-nutrient interactions. Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to a pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 1 year of age. Use with caution in children under 6 years of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
Ensure Plus Fibre is best served chilled and can be frozen into cubes and lollipops. Chocolate flavour also tastes great when warmed and served as a hot drink, however, it should never be boiled, as this can destroy some of the much-needed nutrients.
Water, hydrolysed corn starch, milk proteins, vegetable oils (canola, high oleic sunflower, corn), sucrose, FOS, soy protein isolate, soy polysaccharide, minerals (potassium citrate, magnesium chloride, calcium phosphate tribasic, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, manganese sulphate, cupric sulphate, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, chromium chloride, sodium selenate), oat fibre, gum arabic, flavouring, emulsifier: soy lecithin, carboxymethyl cellulose, choline chloride, vitamins (C, E, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, B6, B1, B2, beta carotene, vitamin A palmitate, folic acid, K1, biotin, D3, B12), stabiliser: E418. Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold. Note: all information based on vanilla flavour. Some minor differences exist between flavours