Ensure Plus juce is a 1.5 kcal/ml, ready-to-drink, juice style oral nutritional supplement for people with, or at risk of developing, disease-related malnutrition. Ensure Plus Juce is best served chilled and is available in six flavours: apple, fruit punch, lemon and lime, orange, peach and strawberry. It's presented in a 220 ml bottle with a peel-off seal for pouring.
• In patients receiving some medications, there may be a risk of drug-nutrient interactions. Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to the pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 1 year of age. Use with caution in children under 6 years of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
Ensure Plus Juce can be frozen into cubes and ice lollies. Flavours such as apple and fruit punch also taste great when warmed and served as a hot drink. They should never be boiled however, as this can destroy some of the much-needed nutrients. Ensure Plus juce can also be mixed with lemonade, fruit syrups and fruit juices.
Water, maltodextrin, sucrose, milk protein, acidity regulators (E507, E330, E296), flavouring, colour: E150c, vitamins (C, E, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, vitamin A palmitate, B1, B6, B2, folic acid, K1, biotin, D3), minerals (ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, manganese sulphate, cupric sulphate, potassium iodide, sodium molybdate, chromium chloride, sodium selenate)
Note: all information based on apple flavour. Some minor differences exist between flavours.