Ensure TwoCal is a 2.0 kcal/ml, milkshake style oral nutritional supplement for people with, or at risk of developing, disease-related malnutrition. Ensure TwoCal is ready-to-drink, and is available in banana, neutral, strawberry and vanilla flavours. Ensure TwoCal contains FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides), which have an important role to play in the diet by helping to support gastrointestinal function1. It is presented in a 200 ml bottle with a peel-off seal for pouring. Ensure TwoCal is very high in calories, which can be beneficial for people who have increased nutritional needs. It can also be helpful for people who can only eat small amounts at a time, or for people who are fluid restricted.
• In patients receiving some medications, there may be a risk of drug-nutrient interactions. Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to the pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 1 year of age. Use with caution in children under 6 years of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
Ensure TwoCal is generally best served chilled and can be frozen into cubes and lollipops. The neutral variety can be flavoured with milkshake powder, coffee or cocoa. Ensure TwoCal can also be mixed with packet soup, or used instead of milk in drinks, on breakfast cereals and in puddings. It should never be boiled, however, as this can destroy some of the much-needed nutrients.
Water, hydrolysed corn starch, maltodextrin, milk proteins, vegetable oils (high oleic sunflower, soy, canola), sucrose, fructooligosaccharides, minerals (magnesium chloride, sodium citrate, potassium citrate, potassium phosphate dibasic, magnesium sulphate, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, manganese sulphate, cupric sulphate, sodium molybdate, chromium chloride, sodium selenate, potassium iodide), emulsifier: soy lecithin, flavouring, choline chloride, vitamins (C, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, B6, B1, B2, vitamin A palmitate, folic acid, biotin, K1, D3, B12), taurine, L-carnitine. Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold. Note: all information based on vanilla flavour. Some minor differences exist between flavours.