Fortijuce is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for use under medical supervision. Fortijuce is high energy (1.5kcal/ml), ready to drink, juice style nutritional supplement for the dietary management of disease related malnutrition. Fortijuce can be used to supplement the diet of patients unable to meet their nutritional requirements from other foods and for those who do not like, or tire of milk tasting supplements. Fortijuce is fat-free and is suitable for patients on a low-fat diet.
For enteral use only. GMS listed. ACBS approved for the following indications:
• Short bowel syndrome
• Intractable malabsorption
• Pre-operative preparation of undernourished patients
• Inflammatory bowel disease
• Total gastrectomy
• Bowel fistulae
• Disease-related malnutrition
• Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
• Only to be used as a supplement to the normal diet.
• Not for intravenous use.
• Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
• Not suitable for patients with galactosaemia.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• Fortijuce is best served chilled.
• Shake well before opening.
• Store in a cool, dry place (5 - 25oC).
• Once opened, Fortijuce should be consumed within 4 hours or stored in a refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
• Discard unused contents thereafter.
Best before date: see the side of the bottle.